VMware

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

How to update EA on Network using vRealize Orchestrator

legioon
Techie
4669     0

Hello,

I am using vRO 7.4 and installed Ipam 4.3 plugin to vRO. I am developing some workflows about vRA and now i need something about infoblox. I can do a lot of thing with infoblox plugin in vRO but could not update EA. I need to update isAvailable EA as "Yes" or "No". I have searched of all action object and functions in vro but could not be success.. Is there a way to do this?

EA.JPG

Re: How to update EA on Network using vRealize Orchestrator

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
4670     0

Extensible attributes (extattrs) are are associated with objects. If you are looking to update these for specific objects, you can do this via a RESTful API workflow.

For examples on how to update an extensible attribute for an object, you may find our RESTful API guide (available for download via the Help Panel in the Infoblox Grid Manager GUI), as well as our RESTful API Reference Guide (https://www.infoblox.com/wp-content/uploads/infoblox-deployment-infoblox-rest-api.pdf). In the RESTful API Reference Guide, this starts on page 39.

Regards,

Tony

[ Edited ]
zamakli
Techie
4670     0

The Orchestrator 5.1 configuration interface uses a secure connection to communicate with the vSphere Update Manager server. After you install vSphere Update Manager plug-in 5.1, you need to import the required SSL certificate from a URL or file.

legioon
Techie
4670     0

Thanks for reply, it works but i want to learn something. when i run the request, all existing EA is removing. How can i prevent it remove ?

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
4670     0

@legioon wrote:

Thanks for reply, it works but i want to learn something. when i run the request, all existing EA is removing. How can i prevent it remove ?

Most operations with the plugin involve adding and removing objects. If an EA is added to an object managed by the plugin and a workflow is called to delete that object, any EA's saved to that object would be lost.

Sample
Techie
4670     0
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You