08-31-2017 01:16 AM
I did integration between vRA 7.2 and Infoblox IPAM system. All looks / works correctly apart action to update IPAM record after VM provision.
The setting Infoblox.IPAM.enableCustomHostname is set to TRUE. For Infoblox.IPAM.CustomHostname.ConditionalMachineCustomProperty0.Name and Infoblox.IPAM.CustomHostname.ConditionalMachineCustomProperty0.Value values are in line with data visible under VM. The record is created in IPAM.
However vRO workflow to update record with proper hostname – “Update IPAM record” is not started.
What can be wrong, where should I look ?
09-06-2017 06:35 PM
It would be helpful to review all of the workflow logs so that we can see the calls as they are being processed. Debug logs from your Infoblox server might also be needed. Infoblox Support would be your best resource for troubleshooting this.
05-30-2018 04:09 AM - edited 05-30-2018 10:06 AM
Consider the following situation:
- Machine named 'Desktop01' is going to be replaced
- Machine is imaged and called 'DesktopNew'
- Machine 'Desktop01' is removed from the network and deleted from Active Directory
- Machine 'DesktopNew' is put in it's place and re-named 'Desktop01'
- Machine gets an IP and appears to function normally but the DNS record does not update. After deleting the record, doing a FlushDNS and RegisterDNS, machine appears to be fine going forward
I never had to do these steps in the past in other environments. Anything I could be missing?
09-10-2018 08:57 AM
To avoid confusing people regarding a thread's content, please start a new thread when inquiring about a separate issue.