Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

How can I modify existing DTC Topolgy rule via WAPI ?

Authority
2537     0

Hello,

We have a number of DTC configurations with corresponding topology rulesets and their rules.

Now I need to add an extra SubNet rule to some of the existing topology rulesets. It is just one subnet that needs to be put in these rulesets.
Doing this manually take some hours so I want to create a python script for this but I don't know how to setup the API call. 
Can someone help me with this ?

The idea of the python script would be to read a file that contains the names of the rulesets and then adds the subnet to them.

Re: How can I modify existing DTC Topolgy rule via WAPI ?

2537     0

WHen you set the subnets for a rule, the entire set of subnets must be written.  You cannot add a new subnet to an existing subnet.  So first your script would need to read the list of current subnets, add any new subnets to that list, and then push back the entire list.

Authority
2537     0

Even that seems to be a challenge to achieve with the current Infoblox documentation.

All I can get is the name and reference of the Topology rule, but I can not seem to retrieve the sources that are used in it. Let alone that I would be able to modify it and push back.

2537     0

You need to ask it for the fields you want.  The rules sub-object allows for nested fields. For example:

https://gm.example.net/wapi/v2.11/dtc:topology?_return_fields%2b=comment,name,rules,rules.dest_type,rules.destination_link,rules.return_type,rules.sources,rules.topology,extattrs
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You