Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Azure

Azure vDiscovery automatic record creation hostname attributes?

2220     0

I am looking at running vDicovery for the first time for Azure.  However, I am looking for some more context on the parameters that can be used for the automatic hostname creation. 

I would like to know the corresponding Azure attribute the parameter vm_name is pulled from on Azure for example?  I'm basically looking for a map of the parameter names below and the Azure names that match to the parameter so I can understand what will be pulled for the hostname.  Example I don't know what discovered_name parameter will pull from on the Azure side exactly and don't want to guess??

vm_id, vm_name, discovered_name, tenant_id, tenant_name, subnet_id, subnet_name, network_id, network_name, vport_name, ip_address, ip_address_octet1 or 1, ip_address_octet2 or 2, ip_address_octet3 or 3, ip_address_octet4 or 4

==============

The DNS name will be computed from the formula: Enter the formula that NIOS uses to create the DNS records for each discovered VM address. For example, if there are two IP addresses associated with a VM, NIOS creates two DNS records, or a host record with two IP addresses, depending on your configuration. You must use the syntax of ${parameter name} for the formula.

For AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, and VMware cloud platforms, this field supports the following parameters: vm_id, vm_name, discovered_name, tenant_id, tenant_name, subnet_id, subnet_name, network_id, network_name, vport_name, ip_address, ip_address_octet1 or 1, ip_address_octet2 or 2, ip_address_octet3 or 3, ip_address_octet4 or 4. Note that it does not support IPv6 addresses.

For example, when you enter ${vm_name}.corp100.com and the discovered vm_name = XYZ, the DNS name for this IP becomes XYZ.corp100.com. When you enter ${discover_name} here and the discovered name for the IP is ip-172-31-1-64.us-west-1.compute.internal, the DNS name for this IP is ip-172-31-1-64.us-west-1.compute.internal.

=================

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You