Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Azure

virtual machine agent status is not ready. Troubleshoot the issue

11214     0

Hi everyone,

I´ve successfully deployed a NIOS 8.4.3 VM in Azure yesterday (a big thank you JasonRad!) but I keep seeing the following error: 

- virtual machine agent status is not ready. Troubleshoot the issue

I´m fairly certain that this should be in the Terraform script:

- provision_vm_agent = enabled

...but can´t seem to find a solid example or even if this is how to address the issue.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards,

-Will

Re: virtual machine agent status is not ready. Troubleshoot the issue

Superuser
11215     0

Hi Will,

NIOS is a locked down OS and does not allow for the installation of extensions such as the Azure VM agent. You can set that argument to disabled to prevent Azure from trying, or leave it as is, but you may still see the status issue. NIOS itself should be running fine and ready for use.

-Jason

11215     0

Hi Jason,

I can´t thank you enough, truly.  Now I just need to find this published someplace so I can share with the client because the alert is very visible on the Portal and it doesn´t look very inspiring.

Thanks again, if you´re ever in my neck of the woods (Málaga area) I´ll buy the drinks and tapas!

Warm regards,

-Will

11215     0

Hi, 
Any updates on this issue?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You