Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Cannot import from Export data in Infoblox CSV Import Format

[ Edited ]
Techie
1492     0

The export shows in vlans column: Corp IT/300/399/222

We enter: Corp IT/300/399/222 and save in UTF-8 format in Excel.

We import the data and get error: "Line 2: Failed to retrieve dns.vlan by {'id': '222', 'parent': DBRef(type='.com.infoblox.dns.vlan_view', key='Corp IT.300.399')} because: object not found"

We are constantly getting errors exporting and importing data in NIOS. It is somehow modifying the data we are importing?

Any ideas on how to make this less painful?

Any insight is apprecaited. TIA

Re: Cannot import from Export data in Infoblox CSV Import Format

Superuser
1493     0
Hi jjevans069,

We would need to know all the specifics. Have you opened a Support ticket to determine that you can import everything that was just exported? I’m curious about your use case and the reason you’re attempting such an extensive import. Please contact Support and reply to me with any additional information so we can see how best to proceed. Thank you.

Best regards,

Bob Rose
Principal Product Marketing Manager
Infoblox NIOS DDI & Value-Added Services
M: +1 360.584.8360 | My I.D.TM is 7553<>
Secure, Cloud-First Network Experience
[Shape Description automatically generated with medium confidence]

Techie
1493     0

I have contacted support and the ticket is going no where with no response. It is not an extensive import. It is mearly importing the vlan name / number info into the network container. This should be very easy but for whatever reason does not seem to work properly. What futher information do you require? I am happy to provide it just need to know specifically what you are requesting.

Superuser
1493     0
Thank you. Sorry you are having trouble. I’ve forwarded your message to the Product Management team and will respond to you on Monday.

Best regards,

Bob Rose
Principal Product Marketing Manager
Infoblox NIOS DDI & Value-Added Services
M: +1 360.584.8360 | My I.D.TM is 7553<>
Secure, Cloud-First Network Experience
[Shape Description automatically generated with medium confidence]
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin