Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DHCPv6.ia-pd ia-prefix, providing a pre-defined prefix to client -How to define?

Authority
706     0

Looking for how to in Infoblox NIOS add the by ISC predefined DHCPv6 Option to provide a client /device with a predefined own Prefix. From what I can see this is doable using ia-prefix as defined by ISC but not seeing it listed in Infoblox so would need to define it yet.

Anyone gone through this process before and can share the knowledge? 

What I have is a device which require a Prefix/allocation provided by it's DHCP server, it will internally use this to provide each service within it's own isolated /64 network to communicate.  

Re: DHCPv6.ia-pd ia-prefix, providing a pre-defined prefix to client -How to define?

Authority
706     0

Ok as everyone "jumped" on this one ( Smiley Very Happy ) I've verified what I need to add is 

option-code          OPTION_IAPREFIX (26)

Which is part of 

option-code          OPTION_IA_PD (25).

-But not sure how to add a DHCPv6 Option as part of another DHCPv6 Option in Grid Manager

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You