Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

EA inheritance not working

Techie
2236     0

I will try to keep it simple:

1. Created an IPv4 network
  2. Added extensible attributes with inheritance enabled
  3. Did an import of our current DNS data using the Data Import Wizard
  4. Import also converted the A-records to Host records, this all works fine but then.
  5. At the IPv4 network level checked the: Modify descendant actions for selected inheritable extensible attributes

When I look at the EA's of the hosts within the IPv4 network, nothing is added/inherited. Is there someone who can tell me what I am doing wrong? Or is it works as designed? If so, what would be the best work around? Knowing there are a lot of Host records.

Re: EA inheritance not working

2236     0

We're adding a feature to an upcoming maintenance release related to DNS object and VLAN inheritance.  Who is your SE or account manager so I can reach out to them and ensure that our planned change will address this?

Thanks,

Dave

@DaveSignori

Re: EA inheritance not working

2237     0

Hi, has this been adressed? I'm experiencing the same issue (running NIOS 8.6.3).
Adding the E. attribute manually to an imported object says "no parent".
When I create a new host object in the same network, I see the EA value and state "Inherited".

KR

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You