Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

IPAM CSV import fails due to 'Device'

541     0

I'm trying to import IPv6 subnets and containers into our IPAM.  Every time it fails on the data row (both header rows read fine) and when I download the error, it gives me the following:

"Line 3: Insertion aborted due to 'Device'"

I can't find any information on this on the web and it gives the same error for both 'ipv6networkcontainer' and 'ipv6network'.

Thanks.

Re: IPAM CSV import fails due to 'Device'

[ Edited ]
541     0

Ok, so I found the 'problem', but I need to figure out the proper way to handle this.  Basically, we have an Extended Attribute that has the 'Enable Inheritance' checkbox marked and it prevents me from importing via CSV, containers and networks with that attribute set.  I can manually change the value after the fact, but I dont' want to do that for hundreds of objects.

Even using the "OVERRIDE" for 'EAInherited-<attr>' column makes it fail.

Any recommendations?

541     0

Also should note, this is the EA "Site", which is apparently built-in by default. I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not.

541     0

Well it appears I was wrong. Somehow it did import once, but now it won't import at all when deleting and trying again. I keep getting the error that I posted in the original post of this thread.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You