Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

IPAM MANAGING WINDOWS DHCP UTILIZATION

Techie
3873     0

I've been using Infoblox as IPAM on my network, so due Company decision both DHCP and DNS are provided by Windows Server, but I'd like to use Infoblox only as IPAM.

Is it possible to manager DHCP utilization from Windows Server with Infoblox IPAM ?

Will be need to install an additional license ? like "Microsoft Management license"

I need just to see how the utilization on the DHCP netork is going. I don't need to write on the Windows Server, just see the network utilization.

I found a doc below:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/DNS-DHCP-IPAM/Infoblox-Integration-with-Microsoft-Windows-DNS/td-p...

If no need to add license, where can I add the Windows Server to manager DHCP utilization from IPAM

image.png

Re: IPAM MANAGING WINDOWS DHCP UTILIZATION

3874     0

Hi There,

To manage Microsoft Windows Servers, you do need to have Microsoft Management license.

A Grid member must have a Microsoft Management license installed to manage a Microsoft server. The license allows the member to synchronize data with Microsoft servers. It also activates the tabs, dialog boxes and other elements in Grid Manager that you need to manage a Microsoft server.

You can set the Microsoft Synchronization to either Read Only or Read/Write mode based on the required level of control over the Microsoft DNS / DHCP Services.

You can also refer to "Managing Microsoft DHCP Services" section of the NIOS Administrator Guide for details.

As this might require some planning, you could have a word with your Accounts team regarding the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin