Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

URI DNS Record Type

1403     0

This article suggest to use NAPTR to create URI record types but I found this counter intuitive.

I instead found that I could use the Unknown Record Type to create URI records to craft the record properly.

Type has to be set to URI, 16-bit unsigned integer are use to show the Priority and Weight and the URI is in an ASCII String.

01.png02.png

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_kerberos.wifi.zone. 900   IN      URI     0 100 "krb5srv:m:udp:server.wifi.zone"

Re: URI DNS Record Type

1404     0

Sir, any chance you could post what you actually used for the Text field, as well as what you did to get the proper numbers for the Priority & Weight fields?

I'm currently attempting to create a somewhat similar record, but have been unable to access any field within the GUI editor that allows setting those fields... I've also run into a problem with the string not displaying properly when checking the record with a DIG (some of the characters get truncated). Not 100% sure if that's a bug or incorrect procedure.

Thanks,

Gerry_H

Re: URI DNS Record Type

1404     0

Hi,

if you have the zone "wifi.zone", for domain name you take "_kerberos" Type is "URI" and than you have to made three enries, adding with "+":

two 16-Bit entries for priority and weight (p.e. 0 and 100) and one ASCII entry with the string "krb5srv:m:udp:server.wifi.zone"

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You