Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Reporting

Unrestricted reporting vms are not allowed to join a grid with perpetual reporting license

Techie
3466     0

Hi,

We have an existing reporting server (physical appliance) with a permanent reporting license. We have recently purchased 2x v5005 with subscription license. The idea is to replace the appliance with the two VMs and change reporting from single indexer mode to single-site (or multi-site) cluster mode. Subscription licenses are set on the VM, however, I got the error above when trying to join the grid. Any idea how should I proceed from here?

Another question is that if I can build a multi-site cluster, given I only have two v5005? The doco says there should be at least two reporting member per site. Also it mentions primary site can only be manually switch over. Is that mean if i have only one reporting member per site (if this is allowed), I will lost all reporting data if the reporiting member in the primary site fails and before I can manually switch the primary site over? 

Regards,

Andrew       

Re: Unrestricted reporting vms are not allowed to join a grid with perpetual reporting license

Techie
3466     0

I eventually had to remove the permanent license from the old reporter first. Then I was able to join the new v5005 to the grid. And then add the new subscription reporting license as a grid wide license. The only issue is that the grid lost the entire reporting service during the process and I assumed all reporting data during that period was lost. But the good news is that all old reporting data is still there. 

Andrew   

Re: Unrestricted reporting vms are not allowed to join a grid with perpetual reporting license

3466     0

Thanks for sharing this. I'm in the same position you were. Older reporting appliance and a move to  2x v5005. Encountered this same issue today. 

Guess I'll follow your lead and drop the physical appliance then rejoin. 

ugh.

3466     0

Thank you for the post.  I'm in the same situation and did find https://support.infoblox.com/s/article/7051 but it fails to describe the process in any detail.  

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You