Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API Examples

Modify IPv4 Address with WAPI

1630     2

Hi,

Can I modify IPv4 Address with API ? 

I googled but most of my findings are says Its not possible to modify existing IP Addrs with API.

Thanks for help!

Regards

Re: Modify IPv4 Address with WAPI

[ Edited ]
Superuser
1630     2

Hello,

Are you trying to modify an existing IP address assigned to a host record?

If thats what you want to do you can modify it using API

You can get the associated IP addresses for the host using API, get the _ref for the IP you want to modify, and then do a PUT request to modify the IP.

Example queries.

https://<grid-ip>/wapi/v2.10/record:host/ZG5zLmhvc3QkLl9kZWZhdWx0LmNvbS5pbmZvLmhvc3Qx:host1.info.com/default

Sample Output

{
        "_ref": "record:host/ZG5zLmhvc3QkLl9kZWZhdWx0LmNvbS5pbmZvLmhvc3Qx:host1.info.com/default",
        "ipv4addrs": [
            {
                "_ref": "record:host_ipv4addr/ZG5zLmhvc3RfYWRkcmVzcyQuX2RlZmF1bHQuY29tLmluZm8uaG9zdDEuMTAuMTAuMTAuMjEu:10.10.10.21/host1.info.com/default",
                "configure_for_dhcp": false,
                "host": "host1.info.com",
                "ipv4addr": "10.10.10.21"
            }
        ],
        "name": "host1.info.com",
        "view": "default"
    }

Example PUT request.

curl -L -X PUT 'https://<grid-ip>/wapi/v2.10/record:host_ipv4addr/ZG5zLmhvc3RfYWRkcmVzcyQuX2RlZmF1bHQuY29tLmluZm8uaG9zdDEuMTAuMTAuMTAuMjEu:10.10.10.21/host1.info.com/default' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H  --data-raw '{ "ipv4addr": "10.10.10.20" }'

Shukran

1630     2

Hi Shukran,

Thanks for reply. 

Can I Modify A record Ip Address ? I try to replace host with a record but i cannot run that .

Regards,

Superuser
1630     2

As Shukran said, you can modify the record by doing a PUT against that record. If it is an A-Record you want to modify (including IP Address), you will have to get the A-Record reference. (i.e. record:a/ZG5zLmJpbmRfYSQuX2RlZtLmJtYyxyZGV2cmllcywxMC4wLjAuNQ:test.mydomain.org/default).

If you're trying to modify a host record, you will need to get the host record reference.

I just tried changing the IP Address on one of my A-Records, and it works flawlessly with a PUT.

1630     2

Hi,

I understood the logic, I was getting an error because I wrote ipv4_addr after A record.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You