Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API Examples

Trouble getting any WAPI example script to run from Node/JavaScript with axios

743     0

OK. I’m pretty puzzled by node/JavaScript behavior while writing test scripts for WAPI Infoblox access. So I got several queries working using Postman which always seems to be a good place to start. The following is the Node and Axios example I exported from Postman. I have added the dependency Axios module.

import axios from 'axios';

var data = JSON.stringify({

"name": “mytest-shared”,

"network_view": “default,

"networks": [

{

"_ref": "network/ZG5zLm5…iRtDrGt:10.0.2.128/27/default”

},

{

"_ref": "network/iRtDrGt…iRtDrGt:10.0.2.160/27/default”

}

]

});

var config = {

method: 'post',

maxBodyLength: Infinity,

url: 'https://gridm.privatecompany.com/wapi/v2.11/sharednetwork',

headers: {

'Authorization': 'Basic randomjunk0OQ==',

'Content-Type': 'application/json'

},

data : data

};

axios(config)

.then(function (response) {

console.log(JSON.stringify(response.data));

})

.catch(function (error) {

console.log(error);

});

I was getting the error ”self signed cert in chain”. So I set my host name to an absolutely confirmed GM with hostname with a good certificate. It produces no errors in Chrome or Edge when I go to https://gridm.privatecompany.com/ui/ and view the certificate from the lock icon in the browser.

(venv-python) userid@macbook nodejs %                

Proxy-related environment variables set.

Proxy successfully connected.

(proxy on)                            

(venv-python) userid@macbook nodejs % node POST-create-sharednetwork.js

AxiosError: self-signed certificate in certificate chain

at AxiosError.from (/Users/vaeq6f/Documents/repos/infoblox-wapi/nodejs/node_modules/axios/dist/node/axios.cjs:825:14)

... blah blah

But still as you can see I am receiving the warning about "self-signed certificate blah blah blah”. I’m pretty puzzled as to why this would still be being produced. I also have tried it with disabling our company proxy settings. Should I add the proxy settings in the axios config?

Running out of ideas since this seems to be straightforward. It works so easily from Postman, Python or curl.

Re: Trouble getting any WAPI example script to run from Node/JavaScript with axios

743     0

Here's best work around. Do this environment variable in your shell in order to get Node JavaScript to ignore SSL cert issues.

export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You