Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API Examples

WAPI for Reverse Zone

[ Edited ]
Guru
5142     0

I have a number of /19 blocks that I am attempting to allow a particular group to have specific permissions.  Because they are /19s, for each block I have to create a separate reverse zone for each of teh /24s inside the /19.

For a given /19, that's 32 reverse zones.  If the blocks could be contiguous, I'd condense them into a /16, and create one reverse zone, but that's not possible.

Is it possible to create a reverse zone via the WAPI?  I typically use python, but curl would probably suffice.  I'd also like to apply a standard set of perissions to each of these reverse zones.  Can that be automated as well?

Re: WAPI for Reverse Zone

Adviser
5143     0

Hi,

You can use the following WAPI to create reverse zones:

import requests

url = "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.10/zone_auth"

payload="{\r\n\t\"fqdn\": \"10.10.10.in-addr.arpa \",\r\n\t\"zone_format\":\"IPV4\"\r\n}\r\n"
headers = {
  'Authorization': 'Basic Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'Content-Type': 'application/json'
}

response = requests.request("POST", url, headers=headers, data=payload)

print(response.text)

Regards,

Krishna Vasudevan

Guru
5143     0

Would you happen to have anything for setting the group permissions on a reverse zone?

[ Edited ]
Guru
5143     0

I have what I'll call a stoopid python question.

Why do this:

payload="{\r\n\t\"fqdn\": \"10.10.10.in-addr.arpa\",\r\n\t\"zone_format\":\"IPV4\"\r\n}\r\n"

Instead of this:

payload={"fqdn": "10.10.10.in-addr.arpa","zone_format": "IPV4"}

Both work with python 3.8.  The fact that one needs all those escaping characters makes me want to start drinking heavily.

Adviser
5143     0

Haha! Good catch!

I just used the code converted by Postman.

Regards,

Krishna

5143     0

Is it possible to add the zone to a name server group instead of individual or a set of name servers?

None

Use this Name Server Group  

Use this set of name servers

Thanks

Bikram

Authority
5143     0

To use a name server group instead of a individual or a set of name servers, you would use the field ns_group instead of the fields grid_primary, external_primary, grid_secondaries or external_secondaries.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

NIOS 8.6.3 – What’s New in DDI