Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

DHCP Leases by network CIDR

Authority
3017     2

Hello,

I'm looking for something rather simple, but a way in the WAPI to:

"Give me all live leases in network x.y.z.q/mm"

I have a workaround currently whereby I dump the entire list of all leases in Infoblox and using python netaddr, filter out those that are within the particular CIDR block I'm looking for.  Although "network" is a field in the lease object, it cannot be used for searching in version 2.9. I would be fine even if I could squelch the master list of all leases to just those with the first 2 octets, which would likely speed up things, considering my current script takes 5 minutes to run to return a networks' worth of leases.

Is there another way?

Thanks

Re: DHCP Leases by network CIDR

3017     2

You can get a list of the lease objects using an IPAM approach:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -X GET 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.9/ipv4address' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d \
'{
  "network": "10.102.0.0/16", 
  "status": "USED", 
  "types": "LEASE"
}'

You will get a list of results like this:

[
    {
        "_ref": "ipv4address/Li5pcHY0X2FkZHJlc3MkMTAuMTAyLjEwMC4xMDYvMA:10.102.100.106", 
        "ip_address": "10.102.100.106", 
        "is_conflict": false, 
        "lease_state": "BACKUP", 
        "mac_address": "00:50:56:83:15:09", 
        "names": [], 
        "network": "10.102.0.0/16", 
        "network_view": "default", 
        "objects": [
            "lease/ZG5zLmxlYXNlJDAvMTAuMTAyLjEwMC4xMDYvMC8:10.102.100.106/default", 
            "lease/ZG5zLmxlYXNlJDcvMTAuMTAyLjEwMC4xMDYvMC8:10.102.100.106/default"
        ], 
        "status": "USED", 
        "types": [
            "LEASE", 
            "DHCP_RANGE"
        ], 
        "usage": [
            "DHCP"
        ]
    }, 
]

If you need specifics on the individual leases you can load them separately.

Note I'm using DHCP Failover so there are two leases recorded per IP + MAC address, one for each appliance in the HA pair.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You