Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

How to change a fixed address reservation to a fixed address using Ansible?

420     0

Hi,

Im currently trying to automate the IP reservation workflow we are using. The problem im encountering right now is that we first create a fixed address reservation and later change it to a fixed address assigning a MAC address.

The fixed address reservation works perfectly using the ansible module and providing the mac option.

mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00

But when i try to edit this fixed address reservation by giving it an actual MAC address, I get an error that the IP is already used by a reservation. 

"changed": false, "code": "Client.Ibap.Data.Conflict", "msg": "IP address 10.16.1.7 is already used by a reservation.", "operation": "create_object", "type": "AdmConDataError"

Basically i want to know if there is a way to update the MAC address of a fixed address object using ansible.

Thanks & Regards

Nico

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You