Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Is it possible to do a search for an extensible attribute on all infoblox record types?

Techie
2562     0

We have extensible attributes applied to Hosts, A records, CNAMEs, and PTRs.

I can query for extensible attributes for each record type but not in one shot.  Is this possible?

when using hte allrecords?zone:domain.com&_return_fields%2B=extattrs&*Field1%3A=False&_return_as_object=10

I get that search modifiers are not allowed for field zone.  Is this possible or would i have to loop through all record types that have the field and store it in a list?  I assume I can do this with Python but is this possible with Bash?

Re: Is it possible to do a search for an extensible attribute on all infoblox record types?

Techie
2562     0

think I have it but need help wth one part.

I'm able to use the /request call and send two objects

-d [

{

"method:"GET",

"object": "record:a"

},

{

"method:"GET",

"object": "record:host"

}

]

How do I now filter with an extensible attribute?

Re: Is it possible to do a search for an extensible attribute on all infoblox record types?

Adviser
2562     0

Hi,

This is how you can use the multiple object body request:

-d [{"method:"GET",
       "object": "record:a",
       "args": {"_return_fields+": "extattrs"},
       "data":{"*Field1":"False"}},
     {"method:"GET",
      "object": "record:host",
       "args": {"_return_fields+": "extattrs"},
       "data":{"*Field1":"False"}}]

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Krishna

Techie
2562     0

This worked like a charm!  Thank you!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You