Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

New Powershell module, Posh-IBWAPI

3588     0

I am trying to understand writing the script to update dns upon failover in Doubletake.  I found the wapi and Function Set-IBDNSARecord.  I am truly sunk as i don't know the language first and foremost but also because everything i try needs another module loaded.  Can anyone advise on direction to take as I am running out of time and hoping someone has encountered something similar and can shine some light.

Thank you

Re: New Powershell module, Posh-IBWAPI

3589     0

I thought i had better give you more information.  The software double take is on two servers say DT1 and DT2.  It has a job that copies particular files from DT1 to DT2 continuously.  If an error is found there is a place for a failover script that should tell IB to redirect traffic to DT2 and then there is a place for the failback script upon issues being fixed\resolved

I have put into IB that if DT1 is down route to DT2 but DT has its own parameters for initiating failover.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You