Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Permissions for PTR Record?

3734     0

Hello,

I'm not administering Infoblox, I'm only trying to automate the creation of some records.

I was able to add 'A' records successfuly, but I'm in troubles for PTR records. Seems a permission problem, may you tell me what should I need to ask for to the Infoblox administrator?

When I query for the 'ptr'

curl -k -u userSmiley Tongueasswd -X GET "https://192.16.0.1/wapi/v2.7/recordSmiley Tonguetr_return_as_object=1"

It just returns an [] 

And If I'll try to create it:

curl -k -u userSmiley Tongueasswd -X POST "https://192.16.0.1/wapi/v2.7/recordSmiley Tonguetr" -H "Content-Type:application/json" --data {"ptrdname": "mycomputer.mydomain.com","ipv4addr": "10.10.55.69"}

I got this error..

Error": "AdmConDataError: None (IBDataConflictError: IB.Data.Conflict:Write permission for the resource record type 'PTR' i
code": "Client.Ibap.Data.Conflict",
text": "Write permission for the resource record type 'PTR' in the zone 'x.x.x.x/x' is required for this operation."

Do I need some additional permisions for PTR records?

Regards

Re: Permissions for PTR Record?

Adviser
3735     0

Hi,

Can you get the admin to add Read/Write permissions for the PTR Records in the Administration tab?

Here is a sample screenshot for Global Permissions.

ptrPermissions.JPG

Hope this helps,

Krishna

Re: Permissions for PTR Record?

3735     0

Hi,

I don't have access to this screen, as I'm not an Infoblox admin.

But now, With this reference It's clear for me that I need these permissions, and  I could ask to the admins for these permissions.

Thx.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You