Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Porting IPAM data from older Infoblox to a newer version using WAPI REST calls

905     0

Hello,

I've been working on migrating the IPAM data from older version to a newer one. I am using python script to query the old infoblox appliance and gather Network Containers, Networks and IP Assignments. So far I've been successful with getting almost all the info. One thing I am noticing is that the "comment" for individual IP's are not retreivable for API v2.9.5 .

I would also like to update the "types" column for individual IP's. I have never worked on Infoblox before and is really struggling to find the right calls and response data to get the task done!!!

Re: Porting IPAM data from older Infoblox to a newer version using WAPI REST calls

Superuser
906     0

It might be faster to perform a CSV export of these objects out of the old platform, then import them into the new platform. The export/import can also be scripted, look for the fileop object in WAPI.

Re: Porting IPAM data from older Infoblox to a newer version using WAPI REST calls

906     0

I will try that option and see how it goes!! 

It doesn't seem like anybody has attempted porting data, using pure python script. Smiley Sad

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin