Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

REST API call for query_fqdn_on_member

Authority
368     0

In the Perl API you can use query_fqdn_on_member, but I can't seem to locate this functionality on REST API.

Does anyone know if it is there or an RFE request for it to be added?

Thanks!

Craig

Re: REST API call for query_fqdn_on_member

Adviser
368     0

Hi,

The function call is available with the grid object in WAPIs. You can invoke it as shown below.

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X POST "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.7/grid/b25lLmNsdXN0ZXIkMA:Infoblox?_function=query_fqdn_on_member" -d '{"fqdn" : "demo.com","member": "nios.test.com"}'

Sample output:
{
    "dig_started": 1541748509,
    "result": "NOERROR",
    "result_text": "\n; <<>> DiG 9.10.2-ECS-M3 <<>> @localhost demo.com ANY -b 127.0.1.0 \n; (2 servers found)\n;; global options: +cmd\n;; Got answer:\n;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 28541\n;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1\n;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available\n\n;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:\n; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096\n;; QUESTION SECTION:\n;demo.com.\t\t\tIN\tANY\n\n;; ANSWER SECTION:\ndemo.com.\t\t28800\tIN\tSOA\tnios.test.com. please_set_email.absolutely.nowhere. 19 10800 3600 2419200 900\ndemo.com.\t\t28800\tIN\tNS\tnios.test.com.\n\n;; Query time: 0 msec\n;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)\n;; WHEN: Fri Nov 09 12:58:29 IST 2018\n;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 132\n\n",
    "source_address": "127.0.1.0"
}

Here are more details on the function call:

image09.PNG

Hope you find this helpful,

Krishna

368     0

Question: I want to use this function to lookup records on DNS servers outside my org - I'm especially interested in SOA-records. The GUI allows me to overrule the list of record types, and type in "SOA" and click "Perform dig". But in the API an error is returned:

"Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for record_type (\"SOA\") valid values are: ANY, A, AAAA, CNAME, DNAME, MX, NAPTR, NS, PTR, SRV, TXT, AXFR"

To be honest this is highly frustrating, since the GUI allows it ;-) (and the arguments are just handed off to `dig` that does support the SOA)

Any suggestions?

368     0

I realize that asking questions in a very old thread might not be the best way Smiley Wink - so I created a new thread instead  /Anders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You