Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Retrieving EA 'descendants_action' from a network object using WAPI

1508     0

In the WAPI docs extensible attributes section there is the following example:

"attr": {
     "value": <the extattr value>,
     # The following is a read-only field
     "inheritance_source": <reference to the object this EA is inheriting from>,

# The following are write-only fields
     "inheritance_operation": one of 'INHERIT', 'DELETE' or 'OVERRIDE'
     "descendants_action": {
           "option_delete_ea": one of 'REMOVE' or 'RETAIN'
           "option_with_ea": one of 'CONVERT', 'INHERIT' or 'RETAIN'
           "option_without_ea": one of 'INHERIT' or 'NOT_INHERIT'
     }
}

I've successfully used this syntax to define a value for descendants_action for extensible attributes attached to a network object.  What i'm struggling to find is a WAPI endpoint to retrieve this same property.  When i return extattrs the descendants_action property is not present.

Does anyone have an example WAPI call to retrieve the configured value for descendants_action for a given extensible attribute that has inheritance enabled.  Bonus points if you can use a network object in the example :-)

Thanks!

Re: Retrieving EA 'descendants_action' from a network object using WAPI

1508     0

I'm realizing now these might be just one-time operations and therefore not available via the API for read.  That didn't dawn on me when i was first looking into this :-)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You