Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

update /get extensibleattributedef by its reference not working

871     0

hello

i want to update extensible attribute definition (add/delete possible values etc...)

but for some reason every time i try to use an extensible attribute reference that I retrieved from a GET call, in subsequent GET/PUT calls using this ref i get error message

############### get a reference

curl -k -u "aaa:bbbb" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET "https://$IP/wapi/v2.11.3/extensibleattributedef?name=Site"

[
{
"_ref": "extensibleattributedef/b25lLmV4dGVuc2libGVfYXR0cmlidXRlc19kZWYkLlNpdGUSmiley Frustratedite",
"default_value": null,
"name": "Site",
"type": "ENUM"
}
]

#### use it back

curl -k -u "aaa:bbb" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET "https://$IP/wapi/v2.11.3/extensibleattributedef/b25lLmV4dGVuc2libGVfYXR0cmlidXRlc19kZWYkLlNpdGUSmiley Frustratedite"
{ "Error": "AdmConDataNotFoundError: Reference extensibleattributedef/b25lLmV4dGVuc2libGVfYXR0cmlidXRlc19kZWYkLlNpdGUSmiley Frustratedite not found",
"code": "Client.Ibap.Data.NotFound",
"text": "Reference extensibleattributedef/b25lLmV4dGVuc2libGVfYXR0cmlidXRlc19kZWYkLlNpdGUSmiley Frustratedite not found"

same on PUT request to update whatever field

i use the same technique to update subnets etc... but for extensible attr i cant get it to work...

what am i missing?

thanks

Re: update /get extensibleattributedef by its reference not working

872     0

fixed by myself

my account was not superadmin and just RW Admin

this RW level is enough to get all extrattributes, but not to GET/PUT a specific one

POST a new attribute gave me a proper error message, GET/PUT just leave you blind

thanks

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You