Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Urgent: API to delete Host record

Authority
6218     0

Hi Team,

I am looking to delete a host record with name "dmoc23-11". But as soon as I fire an API request, i get the error

"text": "Invalid value for name: \"dmoc23-11 \": leading or trailing whitespace is not allowed."

API request

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type:application/json' -X POST "https://172.20.165.192/wapi/v2.4/request" -d'[{"method": "STATE:ASSIGN","data":{"host_name":"dmoc23-11"}},{"method":"GET","object": "record:host","data":{"name":"##STATE:host_name:## "},"assign_state": {"host_ref": "_ref"},"enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method": "DELETE", "object": "##STATE:host_ref:##","enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method":"STATESmiley Very HappyISPLAY"}]'

My question is that If using a "-" symbol is not allowed, then how come i can use the GUI and enter the value using"-" symbol??? Or is it like my API request is incorrect?? Please suggest.

Re: Urgent: API to delete Host record

Authority
6218     0

Also, can I provide multiple search criteria along with host_name?

Authority
6218     0

The "-" is not the problem, but it looks like you are generating a trailing space after the hostname (dmoc23-11). From where were you running the curl command? Please check if it was run exactly like you pasted it above. Thanks.

Jelle
Escalations Engineer EMEA

Authority
6218     0

Thanks for your input. Can I provide multiple parameter in my search along with host_name?

Authority
6218     0

Yes, you can. Something like this:

/wapi/v2.8/record:host?name~=test&mac=aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa

would search for all host records with test in the name and a certain mac address.

Jelle
Escalations Engineer EMEA

Adviser
6218     0

Hi,

There is a trailing space while passing your parameters in your curl command:

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type:application/json' -X POST "https://172.20.165.192/wapi/v2.4/request" -d'[{"method": "STATE:ASSIGN","data":{"host_name":"dmoc23-11"}},{"method":"GET","object": "record:host","data":{"name":"##STATE:host_name:## "},"assign_state": {"host_ref": "_ref"},"enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method": "DELETE", "object": "##STATE:host_ref:##","enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method":"STATE:DISPLAY"}]'

Yes, you can pass multiple query parameters like below:

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type:application/json' -X POST "https://172.20.165.192/wapi/v2.4/request" -d'[{"method": "STATE:ASSIGN","data":{"host_name":"dmoc23-11"}},{"method":"GET","object": "record:host","data":{"name":"##STATE:host_name:##","view":"default"},"assign_state": {"host_ref": "_ref"},"enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method": "DELETE", "object": "##STATE:host_ref:##","enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method":"STATE:DISPLAY"}]'

[ Edited ]
Anonymous
Not applicable
6218     0

Thanks for your input. 

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

[ Edited ]
Authority
6218     0

okay. With respect to passing multiple parameters, if i want to add an extensible attribute as a serach parameter, how I do that. 

For example if have an extensible attribute called ICN Device name. How and where should I put the parameters in API request below ??

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type:application/json' -X POST "https://132.10.155.172/wapi/v2.4/request" -d'[{"method": "STATE:ASSIGN","data":{"host_name":"testname"}},{"method":"GET","object": "record:host","data":{"name":"##STATE:host_name:##","view":"default.AI Automation","ICN Device Name":"ICN_Kukreti"},"assign_state": {"host_ref": "_ref"},"enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method": "DELETE", "object": "##STATE:host_ref:##","enable_substitution": true,"discard": true},{"method":"STATESmiley Very HappyISPLAY"}]'

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You