Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Using query_fqdn_on_member to look up SOA records

425     0
Hi!

I would like to use query_fqdn_on_member to look up records on DNS servers outside my org - I'm especially interested in SOA-records. The GUI ("Dig request") allows me to overrule the list of record types, and type in "SOA" and click "Perform dig" - so even though SOA is not listed, I can still look it up. But in the API an error is returned:

"Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for record_type (\"SOA\") valid values are: ANY, A, AAAA, CNAME, DNAME, MX, NAPTR, NS, PTR, SRV, TXT, AXFR"

To be honest this is highly frustrating, since the GUI allows it Smiley Frustrated (and the arguments are just handed off to `dig` that does support the SOA)

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Anders

Re: Using query_fqdn_on_member to look up SOA records

426     0

Your choices are limited unfortunately.

You could maybe SSH into the appliance and run a dig command at the CLI.  It can be scripted with Expect.

Re: Using query_fqdn_on_member to look up SOA records

426     0

Thanks for your reply!

As a developer myself, I'm puzzled why this limitation is in place, when it's not present in the GUI. I can't stop thinking that the developer didn't see that the list could be overruled in the GUI and therefore thought that it was necessary to limit it in the API as well ;-)

Cheers,

Anders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You