Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

What are the medium/long term prospects of being an API/Integration engineer?

434     0

When I mention API/Integration engineer, I am referring to an engineer who does any/combination of the following (please let me know if my terminology is incorrect): Consume APIs from 3rd parties into the employer's software application. Maintain/extend a library of plugins that the employer uses to allow their customers to integrate their systems to the employer's APIs. My current situation I have an offer from a company to be an API Integrations engineer. My current role is full-stack but I have been working at least 50% on API integrations. I am worried that I may become pigeon-holed as an API/Integrations engineer. I'd like to know thoughts on what job prospects/career progression could like in the future for such a case.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You