Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Cloud

DNS/DHCP Data migration into BloxOne DDI

[ Edited ]
3101     1

Hi all, 

I'm trying to export the DNS and DHCP data from the existing Microsoft Server and get it imported into BloxOne DDI, is there any way like the DIW used for NIOS setup to be applied on the BloxOne DDI?

What is the recommended tool to do that? or I should rely only on the CSV Import/export on the cloud? Noting that the CSV format of the NIOS setup is different than the CSV format for B1DDI

Re: DNS/DHCP Data migration into BloxOne DDI

3102     1

Hi,

We migrated all of our data from existing NIOS and Windows DNS servers to BloxOneDDI using the API and found it to be the easiest way to update/maintain configuration at scale.

There's a terraform/ansible/python module available for it, but I opted to develop a powershell module for it instead.

https://csp.infoblox.com/apidoc

Re: DNS/DHCP Data migration into BloxOne DDI

Adviser
3102     1

This message was deleted by mistake, I was able to recover the text but I am not sure who posted it. My apologies.   Here is the message:

AD DS and DNS are very tightly integrated - unless you have a good reason to do so, they should probably continue to live together. It is possible and supported to separate them, but that kind of setup is going to put you way outside the norm, which is not a fun place to be when AD goes to **bleep**. If you want AD-integrated zones (the recommendation), then you have to run DNS and ADDS together. Removing DNS from AD and deleting an AD-integrated zone is something I've never attempted and you'd have a long, uphill battle to convince me to try.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton