Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

DNS DHCP IPAM

Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox

Authority
7865     0

Hi All,

Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox? When ever I make a change the grid displays the restart popup however i couldnt find any service restart or might be i missed.

Any idea?

Thank You

Pratap

Re: Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox

[ Edited ]
Adviser
7866     0

@pkrishnan wrote:

Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox?

Yes. If you add a new external syslog server, or otherwise make a change to the syslog configuration, this will require a service restart. I tested this on my own grid, which is running NIOS 7.3; here is what happens:

1. A change is made to the syslog server list. (This is in Grid Properties -> Monitoring if you're editing the grid default syslog server list, or in Grid Member Properties -> Monitoring if you're changing the syslog server list for an individual grid member.)
  2. This change is reflected in the syslog-ng configuration. (Syslog-NG is the subsystem used by NIOS to send syslog messages.)
  3. NIOS prompts the user to restart services.
  4. When the command to restart services is given, the syslog-ng service is first restarted to reflect the updated configuration.
  5. The DNS and DHCP services are then restarted.

I hope this answers your question.

Frank

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You