Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

DNS DHCP IPAM

Sample Generic Perl Script For Use with DDI API

[ Edited ]
Adviser
7928     0

This script is a generic Perl script template that I created a while back so I could easily leverage a lot of the basic actions that I typically need when working with the API.  I don't always need everything in it but it's easier to have one template to work from than a bunch of unique scripts.

Most of this is utility type functions for processing command line options, establishing a connection with the Grid Master and then having a spot for all of the "custom" code to perform specific operations.  If there's interest, I'll post a couple of examples of specific tasks later.

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓ or Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

Re: Sample Generic Perl Script For Use with DDI API

7928     0

Hey Eric, hope you're doing well. Thanks a mil for sharing that. 

We're trying to compile a perl script that first does basic checks on the DDI box:

"Is DNS query disabled?"

"All the grid members up?"

"Is the time synced to the local NTP server?"

etc...

Then, does a dns query test that queries "all" their zones, outputs the results to a file, then does a comparison with another file that contains the expected output to verify they both match.  

Builder of networks: human and non-human
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You