Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Getting Started

Best practice for HA pair connected to switch(es)

4158     0

Currently we have an HA pair member that has one node on one switch and the other node on a separate physical switch.  These switches are not stacked together but do have the same vlan pushed down to it.  Both Infoblox appliances and switches are in the same building/data center.  Is it best practice to have two nodes that are in the same HA pair to be directly connected on the same physical switch?  Or would this current set up cause any issues?

Re: Best practice for HA pair connected to switch(es)

4159     0

I have seen both setups in action.

Technically, with 1HA-node per switch and same VLAN, this gives you redundancy from the switch's perspective and your member should still be up and running if 1/2 of the switches' failed.

As long as the port configurations are as documented in Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for HA communications and failover, I do not foresee any issues.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Re: Best practice for HA pair connected to switch(es)

4159     0

I apprecite the response.  The member in question provides DNS.  We have been seeing spikes in DNS latency.  I do have a case open with support on this issue.  But wanted to make sure from an implementation standpoint that this set up would be good.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You