Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Getting Started

newbie: Associating CNAME to A record

8181     0

On IPAM v8.2.1, I successfully CSV import my A records. Next, I tried to do a CSV import of CNAME but failed as there is a duplicate A record which I imported before. Below is an example using infoblox documenation. How does this work?

header-cnamerecord,fqdn*,canonical_name*

cnamerecord,abc.corp100.com,abc-lo0.corp100.com

Also another question is that I've been doing most of my work on IPAM module such as importing A records, I took a look at the DNS module "default" and don't see any of my IPAM work. I thought if I populate IPAM, it would auto populate the DNS module but I am a newbie, so what do I knowSmiley Happy  Any ideas?

Re: newbie: Associating CNAME to A record

[ Edited ]
Adviser
8181     0

You can do it in one shot in one file. This worked for me:

header-arecord fqdn* address* view
arecord server99.test.net 192.168.90.21 default
header-cnamerecord fqdn* canonical_name* view
cnamerecord www.test.net server99.test.net default

And of course, the CNAME FQDN (www.test.net) part must not exist in the db. Else it is not possible to add it.

HTH

Re: newbie: Associating CNAME to A record

8181     0

thanks, I had my data backwards which result in a duplication error. I switch the data btwn fqdn and canonical_name colums and it worked!

Thanks for replying!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You