Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

Config Search to identify switchports set to a vlan range

1515     0

My goal is condense VLAN IDs in a portion of my network from many to 1, I expect the way to at least identify the cisco switch ports in VLAN 230-240 for example would be a config search in a predefined device group in NETMRI. I am not sure of the syntax that would get me the data that would include the interface statement.  In my limited knowledge of grep, I could possibly grep for the access vlan 2xx statement and expand my window by 2 to get the interface.  If I get at least that I could extract and do a search and replace with my new vlan.  Anybody who can help me with the best way to get this accomplished all in infoblox NETMRI since I have a significant amout of switches that need the update.  If you have a better way to accomplish my task and create the change file all in infoblox I would appreciate the assist.

Re: Config Search to identify switchports set to a vlan range

1515     0

Hi buddy, hope this helps:

1. Create the VLANs.

2. (Optional) Set the desired VLAN-related configuration for ports.

3. Assign interfaces to VLANs. 

4. (Optional) Configure VLAN groups on your switch. You can configure any of the following:

• MAC-based VLAN Group Overview
  • Subnet-based VLAN Groups Overview 
  • Protocol-based VLAN Groups Overview 

5. (Optional) Configure TV VLAN settings on your switch. You can configure any of the following:

• Access Port Multicast TV VLAN 
  • Customer Port Multicast TV VLAN 

Regards,

Tristan Leroy

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You