Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Network Change & Configuration Management

HTTP 500 SSL negotiation Failed

Guru
22030     0

I have recently upgraded to 7.3.1 and added the new API version 3.3.0.0 to the Windows server.

I had a test script that worked in previous versions (although I cant remember the last time I tried them).

However, when I run the Perl script, it responds with 

HTTP 500 SSL negotiation Failed: https://<IPaddress>/api/base_uri.json?version=2.0.0 at Practice_API_Calls.pl line 126.

Line 126 refers to;

my $netmri = new NetMRI::API( api_version=>'auto', username=>'user', password=>'password', url=>'IPaddress');

This is an area I dont have much experience with so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Russ

Re: HTTP 500 SSL negotiation Failed

Guru
22030     0

Forgot to mention that I have the line, $ENV{'PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME'} = 0;

Running on Windows2008 R2 server.

[ Edited ]
Adviser
22030     0

Russ,

Which version of Perl and in particular, which version of SSLeay? 

We did not make any recent changes that would cause this to be introduced

(edit: poor grammar)

Expert
22030     0

We did learn that 7.3.1 dropped support for a couple really old ciphers, but Windows 2008 shouldn't have that limitation.  Perhaps it's due to this advisory in the 7.3.1 release notes:

"If using external authentication over SSL, ensure it supports TLS 1.2. prior to upgrading NetMRI."

Guru
22030     0

Hi Ingmar, 

Thanks for the prompt. Pointed me in the right direction - realised that there were 2 different versions of Perl. Pointed the scripts and IIS handler mapping to the newer (Strawberry Perl) and this fixed the issue.

Currently the version of OpenSSL is 1.0.2h - at least thats the one in the Windows environment. Not sure if this is impacting the API calls - seems to pull the data correctly now.

Regds

Russ

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You