Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

2 standalone Infoblox, join into another will lost configuration?

1967     0

Hi Team,

Good day to you all, I have a question about the grid member join to the existing grid master.

Currently we have 2 standalone infoblox serve for different DHCP &  DNS function at HQ and DR site. We just purchased a reporting server recently, and I notice that if I want to have reporting for both site all must be at same grid.

My question is : If I join DR site infoblox box into to HQ as grid member will it lost the configuration? If yes what is the recommedation I can use the least effort to perform this?

Appreciate for your help thanks!

Re: 2 standalone Infoblox, join into another will lost configuration?

Expert
1968     0

Yes you will lose the configuration when you join the grid.

Easiest thing to do is to do a CSV export of all objects from that member, then import that into the grid master. You will get some errors due to pre-existing data but all the important stuff should load without too much difficulty.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: 2 standalone Infoblox, join into another will lost configuration?

1968     0

Hi Paul,

Sorry to ask you from this thread as i dont know where to start it.

i have 2 standalone infoblox servers in same domain, we would like to discontinue the infoblox where the license going to expired and consolidate it to another valid license infoblox server

do you have any supportted document for this ? or any URL for reference ?

Thank you in advance

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You