Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Attempted to delete 1 page of DNS records, ended up deleting most of the domain

1112     1

Relative noob, by that I mean I had training about 8 yrs ago on IB.  Inherited management of our Grid and Grid Members.  Was trying to clean up about 11K of old records dating back to 2009.  Picked a page with all 100 old records, hit the top check box to select them all on that page.  That grey'd out the garbage can, and enabled the "Select all objects in this dataset". So I did, thinkiing its just records on this page.  Apparently "this dataset" means every **bleep** domain record instead.  Brought the house down.  

Luckily, the recycle bin let me restore everything back, but only 1 page at a time.  

My question is, I have looked all over the Support page, went through the Admin Guide, and I havent been able to find any information on best practices to remove records in bulk.  I know I can do them check box by check box, but that would take months.  Any idea where to find that info?  

Re: Attempted to delete 1 page of DNS records, ended up deleting most of the domain

1113     1

I would use CSV import to delete the records.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You