Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Bloxone DHCP Shared Subnets - DHCP grouping over several subnets

364     0

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a 'shared subnets' pool in BloxOne.

Example: You have mulitple /24 subnets that aren't directly adjacent and thus can't be expanded easily (f.e. 10.12.13.0/24; 10.12.24/24; 10.12.26.0/24). How do you group these subnets for the DHCP server to handle them as one logical pool for DHCP purposes.

In QIP this can be easily configured via GUI. KeaDHCP itself also provides this function in its config as a 'shared subnets' block where you define which ranges belong to that pool and which adress ranges within the relevant subnets to offer for DHCP.

How is this done in BloxOne?

Re: Bloxone DHCP Shared Subnets - DHCP grouping over several subnets

[ Edited ]
365     0

@ranroseBeBallPlayers wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a 'shared subnets' pool in BloxOne.

Example: You have mulitple /24 subnets that aren't directly adjacent and thus can't be expanded easily (f.e. 10.12.13.0/24; 10.12.24/24; 10.12.26.0/24). How do you group these subnets for the DHCP server to handle them as one logical pool for DHCP purposes.

In QIP this can be easily configured via GUI. KeaDHCP itself also provides this function in its config as a 'shared subnets' block where you define which ranges belong to that pool and which adress ranges within the relevant subnets to offer for DHCP.

How is this done in BloxOne?

Hello,

BloxOne DDI does not support concept of shared subnets as in KeaDHCP or QIP. Instead, you can create individual subnets and assign them to a service instance or an HA group. You can also create a new IP space and associate the subnets with it. This way the DHCP server can allocate IP address from the subnets that belong to the same service instance, HA group or IP space. 

I hope this helps you. 

Best regards,

Latonya86Dodson

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin