Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Can't remove reverse-mapping zone : Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone

1367     0

Been having problems with the reverse dns not being added correctly.

So while trying to figure out why this is (isnt) I removed the subnet Im using from the IPAM part of Infoblox (it was created using the "Automatically Create Reverse-Mapping Zone").

However, now the subnet is gone from the IPAM and DHCP but not from the Reverse-Mapping zone and I am unable to remove it. Im getting the error message : "Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone"

Been using the ip net 10.126.93.0/24 and the reverse mappin zone is 93.126.10.in-addr.arpa.

Any advice on how to get this removed??

Re: Can't remove reverse-mapping zone : Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone

Superuser
1367     0

Hello,

I had no problems deleting the reverse mapping zone.  Here are the steps that I took:

1. Added the subnet that you described and clicked on the box to add a reverse mapping zone.
  2. Assigned it to a member.
  3. Clicked save and close.  Restarted the service.
  4. Deleted the ipam entry.
  5. Deleted the reverse mapping zone with no problems.

Need more details on your configuration.

Re: Can't remove reverse-mapping zone : Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone

Superuser
1367     0

you could also try disabling it before deleting

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You