Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Can't remove reverse-mapping zone : Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone

1375     0

Been having problems with the reverse dns not being added correctly.

So while trying to figure out why this is (isnt) I removed the subnet Im using from the IPAM part of Infoblox (it was created using the "Automatically Create Reverse-Mapping Zone").

However, now the subnet is gone from the IPAM and DHCP but not from the Reverse-Mapping zone and I am unable to remove it. Im getting the error message : "Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone"

Been using the ip net 10.126.93.0/24 and the reverse mappin zone is 93.126.10.in-addr.arpa.

Any advice on how to get this removed??

Re: Can't remove reverse-mapping zone : Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone

Superuser
1376     0

Hello,

I had no problems deleting the reverse mapping zone.  Here are the steps that I took:

1. Added the subnet that you described and clicked on the box to add a reverse mapping zone.
  2. Assigned it to a member.
  3. Clicked save and close.  Restarted the service.
  4. Deleted the ipam entry.
  5. Deleted the reverse mapping zone with no problems.

Need more details on your configuration.

Re: Can't remove reverse-mapping zone : Invalid domain name for IPV4 reverse-mapping zone

Superuser
1376     0

you could also try disabling it before deleting

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You