Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DNS issues on Utilite2

[ Edited ]
966     0

HI,

I have some issues with networking on the Utilite 2.
It seems that I have a problem with accessing the DNS server.
I tried to connect the Utilite2 wirelessly to my router, than to the shared wireless network of my laptop, than to a wired network. In all cases I could open Google using its IP address (216.58.208.196) but it can't resolve the host when I open directly http://www.google.com (or any other adress).
The DNS server is correctly set in both cases using DHCP.
I also added 8.8.8.8 as first DNS server in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf, but nothing changed (I can ping 8.8.8.8).
I checked iptables, but there is nothing set (Input, Forward, Output are all set to Accept)

It's unrelated, but Network Manager says that the wired networks are unmanaged. I solved this by changing managed to true in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and commenting the lines containing eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces.I had this originally, than I made a clean system reinstall (with the 2015_02_19 ubuntu image), and the problem persists.Do you have similar problems? Any idea what can cause it?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

Thanks

Re: DNS issues on Utilite2

Adviser
967     0

Again, what's the relation to Infoblox?

Adviser
967     0

Based on your description here, it sounds like you are using either your ISP's DNS services or public DNS (8.8.8.8). The Infoblox community forums can be a helpful resource for troubleshooting Infoblox related issues but my guess here would be that there is a firewall or other network related issue, or a problem with the service that you are trying to connect to.

Running a tcpdump while reproducing the issue and analyzing the resulting capture may help guide you in troubleshooting the issue, as would your systems syslog data but for any further assistance with troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend consulting with the help services for your ISP.

Regards,

Tony

Adviser
967     0

Your message violates our policies and it has been edited.

--------------------------------------
Check out our new Tech docs website for latest documentation on Infoblox products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You