Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Do I need to add a forwarder zone if the authoritative name server is a Grid member?

Authority
335     0

Hi;

Let's say that we have a Grid and the grid has a couple of DNS members. Member 1, which acts as a recursive name server for all DNS clients, and Member 2, which is intended as an authoritative name server for the internal zone "internal.local".

Now, do I need to define a forward zone for the internal zone internal.local, with its authoritative name server as Member 2 and the member to forward being Member 1?

Or is this all intuitive to the grid and all what I need to define is an authoritative forward mapping zone "internal.local" with it authoritative name server being Member2? and thus the reslover "member1" will  intuitively forward any queries to records for the internal zone to Member2? Meaning that I don't want to add a forward zone.

Kindly

Wasif

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton