Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Is it possible to get back a domain name after you let it expire??

1223     0

A couple years ago I bought a domain name which was my name with a .com extension. I ended up letting it expire. Then I wanted to buy it back a year later, but some company I think dropcatch or namebright or something ended up buying my expired domain name. I've waited a year based on the whois record to see when it expired. After that date passed I looked on namecheap to see if I could buy it and it still has the same offer of paying $600 to buy it from a partner. I don't think I'm quite understanding what the expiration date means. I know when/if I could buy it back that the data from the previous namespace/alias/records/etc. are going to be completely different, but still want to get my domain at the original price of $13.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You