Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Permission via Extensible attribute

Techie
3062     0

Hello all,

i was learning today how to create permissions inside infoblox DDI, and i am bit puzzled. Could anyone confirm/deny this ?
Let's say i have a zone  'zoneA.com' i enable extensible attribute 'owner' with value 'greg'
Then i go to permissions, create a permission via group to which greg is assigned, and i do object permission in filters i select extensible attributed 'owner' i indicate that value has to be 'greg'. It find the correct zone, and then i add the permission.

But this does not work dynamically. Let's say that tomorrow i will create 'zoneB.com' i will also enable extensible attribute 'owner' of 'greg' on it. And the user will not have automatically permission to add records to it. I would have to open the permission page again, use the object selection, click find again and add the new zone that will be shown there.

Am i missing something somewhere ? Is this even possible to make this work dynamically ?
If i will have at the end a zone created every day, it would be painful to do this process everyday. 
The only thing i could come up with , is to write a script that does this for me every couple of hours to refresh this permission, but was wondering if this functionality is maybe already there.
In that way i think the Smart folders work. I create a new smart folder called 'greg zones' and i create it using a filter about extensible attribute 'owner' of 'greg' value.

Thank you in advance

Re: Permission via Extensible attribute

3062     0

I have this problem and I'd like to know if there is a way to set permissions based on an extensible attribute that doesn't require us to manually add that object to the group permissions evertime we add new data.

Expert
3062     0

Not possible right now afaik. Issue a Feature Request

Techie
3062     0

Thank you, i have reached out to infoblox rep about this.

Any idea if there is some maybe website about feature requests or should we go via infoblox rep about this ?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You