Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

selfhosted dns - dynamic ip - glue or not!!

1463     0

Hi, I have a question about self hosting my dns server. I have one home server, one host only, which has a dynamic ip. I have a subdomain aaa.noip.com (from noip), with an A record automatically updatable via some ddns client. I have a 2nd level domain bbb.tk (from freenom). Freenom has an API but only available to resellers, there's no easy updating for the ip, so instead I just had a CNAME here pointing to aaa.noip.com. All works but being unhappy with the limited dns support from both noip and freenom, I want to run my own dns at home. Ideally, I would be able to store all kind of dns records for my bbb.tk domain (the 2nd level domain I have from freenom). Now, I learned the basics about dns, I do understand some details but I feel I am missing some other bits of knowledge.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You