Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

URI DNS Record Type

424     0

This article suggest to use NAPTR to create URI record types but I found this counter intuitive.

I instead found that I could use the Unknown Record Type to create URI records to craft the record properly.

Type has to be set to URI, 16-bit unsigned integer are use to show the Priority and Weight and the URI is in an ASCII String.

01.png02.png

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_kerberos.wifi.zone. 900   IN      URI     0 100 "krb5srv:m:udp:server.wifi.zone"

Re: URI DNS Record Type

424     0

Sir, any chance you could post what you actually used for the Text field, as well as what you did to get the proper numbers for the Priority & Weight fields?

I'm currently attempting to create a somewhat similar record, but have been unable to access any field within the GUI editor that allows setting those fields... I've also run into a problem with the string not displaying properly when checking the record with a DIG (some of the characters get truncated). Not 100% sure if that's a bug or incorrect procedure.

Thanks,

Gerry_H

Re: URI DNS Record Type

424     0

Hi,

if you have the zone "wifi.zone", for domain name you take "_kerberos" Type is "URI" and than you have to made three enries, adding with "+":

two 16-Bit entries for priority and weight (p.e. 0 and 100) and one ASCII entry with the string "krb5srv:m:udp:server.wifi.zone"

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You