Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Zone transfer from linux to Infoblox

Authority
6611     0

Hi ,

Can any body how to copy all the DNS record from my linux server to Infoblox server, my basic opbjective is to migrate all record from linux to Infoblox DNS server.

Thanks 

Shaukat 

Re: Zone transfer from linux to Infoblox

Authority
6612     0

Hi Shaukat,

We could use either of the below options to populate an Infoblox Primary zone with outside data:

- CSV import

- Import Zone option available in the Grid GUI (relatively hassle free)

Check out more on Import Zone option here.

Note: the Import Zone option performs an AXFR query to pull record data. Make sure to allow the appropriate permissions on the linux server to the Infoblox Grid Master's IP address

For more on CSV import method, go here.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Re: Zone transfer from linux to Infoblox

Adviser
6612     0

If going from BIND to Infoblox, you can use the Data Import Wizard!  Collect the BIND config files, then on your Windows PC, run the Data Import Wizard.

http://ww2.infoblox.com/import/

Other option is to enable zone transfers on the BIND or old server, then create the new zone, importing the records via zone transfer.  This was mentioned above.  You have less control this was as compared with the DIW I mentioned above.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You