Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Reporting

Reporting Backup

Authority
4832     0

Hello,

we had a issue related to space on disk2 of the reporting and becuase it is not yet possible to resize it, I had to backup data, rebuild the vm reporitng (with a "different" size for disk2) and the restore the data.

When manual backup has done three files are generated:

9/04/2019 12:44 289 byte backup_manifest_Tue_Apr__9_12_44_06_2019
09/04/2019 12:44 1.607 byte ib_system_capacity_db_1551790676_1551790676_0.tar.gz
09/04/2019 12:44 2.975 byte ib_system_db_1551794634_1551794274_0.tar.gz

Because I'm not able to test it, what is the file I had to restore? Maybe I should restore twice? One by one?

Thank you,

Fabio Colombo

Re: Reporting Backup

[ Edited ]
4832     0

Hi Fabio,

I seriously wonder if you have all your data in those two files. While I do not know your NIOS version, if you are not on the latest NIOS version, I would recommend performing a product restart on the reporting server and and try to make a new backup and put all the files together in one location. In the latest NIOS versions, during a backup, Splunk is forcefully stopped and data from hot buckets are rolled over for backup. In certain old ones, I believe only the already rolled over data is backed up.

But to answer your question, you don’t have to specify a file during reporting data restore. Specifying the file path is enough.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Authority
4832     0

Thank you very much, I appeciate !!!

Authority
4832     0

Sorry,

I appreciated you support!!

Reporting Backup Issue

4832     0

Hi All, I need help regarding backup of my reporter server having NIOS running 8.3.8

Each type i try to bakup, size of the file become reduced like i tried 4 times to take a back up and backup size shrink from 8GB-6GB-4GB-700MB.

Regards,

Haroon

Re: Reporting Backup Issue

4832     0

The very first time you take a backup it does a full backup.  The next time you do a backup it only does an incremental from the last time the backup was run.  This is why you see shrinking file sizes.

If you need to "reset" to take a full backup you'll need to contact support.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You