Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Reporting

Reporting Data Restore Failed using SCP

2680     0

Hello,

I am doing reporting data backup and restore test.

So far, using FTP server, I can do reporting data backup and restore with no issue. But if using SCP server, I can do reporting data backup but could not restore it to the reporting server even though same setting is use for backup and restore. The error from syslog is:

splunk_restore: Unable to establish connection using command "/infoblox/reporting/bin/splunk_restore_scp SCP 174.29.69.85 Adziz **** /test/ get_files test" or no file available to restore

From packet capture can see traffic reach to SCP server and there is reply from SCP server. 

What could be the problem? Appreciate if anyone could give their thought on this.

Re: Reporting Data Restore Failed using SCP

[ Edited ]
2681     0

Same issue here, i did not see any reply to this post since March..

PS

Techie
2681     0

Same exact issue happened to me running NIOS 8.5.5 - April 27, 2023.

2681     0

I realize these are old posts, but was this ever resolved?  I'm unable to restore reporting backups as well running an 8.5.x release.  I have 180GB of reporting backups and am unable to establish an SCP connection to restore them.  File captures indicate that my connection attempts are making it to the SCP server and I see the connection there but it just drops with the following errors:

splunk_restore[18195]: Unable to connect to host
python: prepare_restore_schedule: Unable to establish connection using command "/infoblox/reporting/bin/splunk_restore_scp SCP x.x.x.x username **** / get_files test" or no file available to restore

*IP and username obfuscated.

Techie
2681     0

I wasn't able to resolve this issue.  We decided to start with a new Reporting server this time around because we had that option.  Not ideal.  I wanted to try FTP but there wasn't an FTP server available.

2681     0

Embarrasing but the restore path had to be corrected in order to restore the reporting database properly.  Also SCP restores must be performed from a linux SCP server or the process is different for non-linux servers.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You