How to exclude a range of ip addresses or how to select next available ip address within a range

5913     0

I wanted to know if it was a way to use the API to either exclude IP addresses using a range instead of listing them one by one or is it a way to use next available ip and use a range. Currently I have something like the following:

_object_function: next_available_ip
_parameters:
exclude:
- 172.26.x.1
- 172.26.x.2
- 172.26.x.3
- 172.26.x.4
- 172.26.x.5

I have many different networks so I would rather use a range instead of listing all the IPs out.

Re: How to exclude a range of ip addresses or how to select next available ip address within a range

Community Manager
Community Manager
5914     0

next_available_ip's exclude option only takes individual IP addresses.  You could create a reserved range (a dhcp range not assigned to any appliances) in the network, and that range would not be available to the next_available_ip function.

Re: How to exclude a range of ip addresses or how to select next available ip address within a range

5914     0

You could build an array to pass to the exclude parameter.  If you know you want to exclude the first 10 IPs, then something like a for loop counting from 0 to 10 and appending each new counted number to the last octet and then append the full IP to the array. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You