Highlighted

Retain children value while using OVERRIDE for inheritance_operation

navid_gh
Techie
854     0

Hi,

I faced a problem in infoblox ipam v2.6 api, as its documentation says

descendants_action:option_with_ea:
This field determines the action to be taken for the object’s children when the extensible attribute is added or modified. This field is meaningful only when inheritance_operation is set to ‘INHERIT’.

it means if I want to set my network/container extensible attribute as override its parent and also keeps its children value as they were before is impossbile because once I set 

inheritance_operation=OVERRIDE

infoblox api ignores 

descendants_action:option_with_ea=RETAIN

So I wanted to know, is there any workaround for this instead of iterating on children manually and set to OVERRIDE?

Thanks

Re: Retain children value while using OVERRIDE for inheritance_operation

Adviser
855     0

Hi,

By default the "inheritance_operation" is set to OVERRIDE.

I tried the following WAPI in my environment and matches the requirement you have described.

There are 2 networks (image 1) within a container (image 2), each with their own EAs.

Then I created a new network container using the following WAPI call.

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X POST "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.7/networkcontainer?_return_fields%2B=network,extattrs&_return_as_object=1" -d '{"network": "200.10.0.0/16","auto_create_reversezone":true,"extattrs": {"Country":{"inheritance_operation":"OVERRIDE","descendants_action": {"option_with_ea": "RETAIN","option_without_ea":"NOT_INHERIT"},"value":"India"},"Region":{"inheritance_operation":"OVERRIDE","descendants_action": {"option_with_ea": "RETAIN","option_without_ea":"NOT_INHERIT"},"value":"APAC"}}}'

As you can see it got its own EA values (image 3), and the children retained their EAs (image 4).

If you can share the steps you are trying out, I might be able to help further.

Thanks,

Krishna

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton